Campus Organizations and Student Groups

All uses of UCLA's trademarks on commercial items (e.g, pens, mugs, t-shirts, tote bags) require the prior written approval from UCLA Trademarks & Licensing. This is for items that may be sold, promotional items for conferences or meetings, items for fundraisers, and items for giveaway, gifts, etc. Any product or commercial item bearing any UCLA trademark must be purchased from a UCLA Licensed Vendor per UCLA Policy No. 110. A list of vendors is available here.

All uses of UCLA's trademarks on products by campus departments or student groups must be submitted to UCLA Trademarks & Licensing for review and approval prior to production. Please use the Student and Internal Request Form to submit your request.

Items produced for campus departmental use for internal consumption may be exempt from royalties. An internal consumption item is an item that happens to bear a UCLA trademark but is otherwise a work-place necessity that is used by a campus department in the ordinary course of business. Examples include stationery for departmental use, and uniforms required to be worn by employees. In the discretion of the Director of Trademarks & Licensing, internal consumption items can be exempted from the royalty requirement.

Please do not assume, however, that products manufactured for a campus department or a student group automatically qualify for a royalty exemption. Unless an exemption has been granted, all products will be royalty bearing. The decision on the royalty status of your item will be indicated on the completed Student and Internal Request Form.

Feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Detailed information:

UCLA Policy: 110 Use of the University's Names, Seals, and Trademarks

Campus Use of the "UCLA" Marks
Internal and commercial use guidelines

Proper Use in Advertising
Reference for all media on acceptable use of "UCLA in advertising

Campus Licensee List (PDF)

Student and Internal Request (PDF)